Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FEELINGS OF DESPAIR

I couldn't help but relate to the way Joseph felt when his brothers talked of killing him and then later sold him to the Ishmaelites and was taken to Egypt.
Decieved, hurt, distressed and abandoned are a few terms that come to mind. Over the last few years I have felt that way concerning our financial mess. From the initial loan officer pushing for the interest only adjustable rate mortgage, to the loan modifiers who are helping us try to keep our home. There are always people out there who do not have your best interest at hand and are looking for personal gain. That is obvious in the world we live in today just as it was obvious back in Joseph's day.
Starting back at Genesis and reading from the beginning, amazes me of all the trials and struggles people went through back then. One thing is crystal clear, trusting in God. He is really the only person you can fully trust. I mean he gave his only son to die so that we may live and be saved. I can't imagine giving up my only son, can you?
I continue to rely on the Lord and pray deeply everyday and I know he will lead us in the right direction. I don't want to be fooled by people and deceived anymore. The bible reassures me that ALL of life's answers are here, you just need to take the time to read and pray.
I hope like Joseph, that all are struggles and feelings of despair will soon be over and that God has a great plan instore for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment