Sunday, January 18, 2009

A LOVELY ANALOGY


So last night after the kids went to bed, my husband and I were talking. We were talking about many different things and he shared with me a story he heard from a pastor on the radio.
I would like to share this message with you as well, here goes........
This pastor was speaking of a couple in love, greatly in love with each other. The pastor goes on to talk about all the feelings two people share in a relationship, the special bonds that form the connections that are made and the deep love that develops.
Now imagine with this couple, the man goes off to war. This man writes to the woman and she receives letters from him. The first thing you can imagine this woman doing upon getting her mail is open these letters, right? Let's just say this man comes back from war and notices the letters unopened on the counter. How do you think he would feel?
Do you see where I am going with this? The story of salvation is a love story. A true relationship between you and God and the bible is like a personal letter just for you, from God.
This brought tears to my eyes and I sometimes forget how much God loves me. It sure is an awesome analogy that inspires us (God's children) to read the word and read his truth daily.
Im getting into a nice pattern of reading the bible, first thing in the morning or late at night and sometimes when my son naps I can get a few chapters read.
I hope you all enjoyed that story,I thought it reflected a simple message to make your walk with God more personal, just like you would your significant other. Turn to the bible in days of despair and also days of great joy, and give thanks to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment