Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SIMPLE FUN WITH MY KIDS

This past Friday was a very cold day here in Michigan and so we had a "snow day".
The kids were excited, it was way too cold to venture out so we stayed in the house and had a great time hanging out together. (I miss them when they are in school all day)

So any way I served lunch in a very exciting way, we played restaurant and I was the waitress and I made them a menu and gave them a 5 course meal. It really was a lot of fun, they still talk about it. In fact their friend was over tonight for dinner and they were telling her all about it. These are great memories for them that are so simple for mom to do.

Through our financial struggles I have always questioned if I should work outside the home to help out, but both my husband and I have felt that for our family it was best for me to be home.
I truly thank God for finding the means for us to be able to do this, (cutting back, using coupons, buying second hand, etc)

Time goes so quickly and I am just feeling thankful tonight for my job as MOM.

Is there any simple fun things any of you guys do with your kids? I would love to hear.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Linda. We like to take walks together. Sometimes the kids ride their bikes and sometimes they walk. We also like to listen to Adventures in Odyssey everyday for lunch. My kids love this and so....we do.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Sincerely,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete