Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SIMPLIFY

Ahh......... the title above feels so relaxing and refreshing to me. When I hear that word I just melt.

The last few years have been really hard financial years. My husband and I are part of the many mortgage holders that carry an interest only loan. When your adjustable rate goes up your payment goes through the roof, hence why we are facing foreclosure.
We are trying to modify our loan, but I do not put much hope in that, hey if it works great, if not I know we will get through it. See we have been paying such a high mortgage over the last few years and with this horrible economy my husband's self employed job is very risky right now.

Don't get me wrong, im not trying to be down about our situation, I just wanted to give you a little bit of the details. This is a positive upbeat blog about getting through our trials and coming out stronger in our faith.

Now back to that word SIMPLIFY................
Here is a list I have compiled of things I have learned over the year that have helped simplify our lifestyle.........

1. If you can't pay cash for something- don't buy it- period (absolutely no credit card debt)

2.Use coupons and stock up when there is a really good price. (check out http://www.moneysavingmom.com/) www.sensationalsavings.blogspot.com

3. Old fashion fun - board games, family movie night, baking cookies together, reading devotions together. There are so many ways to have fun with your family without spending a dime.

4.Live within your means (I can't stress this enough) Plan and budget all purchases. Financial hardships are very stressful.

5.Take the focus off of YOU and your family- give of your time, talents or pocketbook- it makes a world of difference and it makes someone else benefit.

6. Tithe- It just works.

7. Scale down - your children do not have to have 10 pairs of shoes...etc....

8.Make lists- write important things down that you want to accomplish daily, weekly, monthly...etc..

9. Find some quiet time each day to be with the Lord, this puts everything in perspective.

10. Pray,Pray, Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment