Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SOME MONEY MAKING IDEAS FOR MOM

For all you moms out there that want to stay home with your children, but feel the financial pressure in this tough economy, I have come up with a list of resources to help part time income- without giving up your dream/God given desire of being home with your children. Here are a few things I have tried this year with the financial burden we have endured.



babysit= now this may not be for everyone, however I just started watching a little girl 2 mornings a week for 3 hours before she goes to kindergarten. This does not take away from my already busy schedule with my kids, it actually gives my son a playmate a couple days a week and I get paid.



cash for books= with this website you can check the status of books they are buying on line, you may then type in the upn code on the back of your book and see what they will pay you for it. The shipping is free and you get a check within weeks. You also get $5.00 for every person you refer. This is quite easy. Please check out www.sensationalsavings.blogspot.com



craigslist= Go through your "junk" and sell it. This is nice because you do not have to wait for garage sale season to make some money on your stuff. I have bought and sold this year , I find it is easy to use and you get top dollar. Check out http://www.craigslist.com/



Part time job= Again, this may not be for everyone, however if you are willing to work some weekends or nights when your husband is home, this may be a nice situation. I have been a hairdresser for 15 years, my husband works long days. I go to work on Sat. mornings from about 10:00am- 2-3:00pm. This is a great way for me to contribute to our finances, without taking to much away from my family time.

barter=Trade services with other moms. Something you could give of your time/talents may benefit someone else and vice versa.

Stay home= shopping forces you to spend money.

You do not need to go to work to help contribute to your families finances. Being a good steward of your money and managing it well will help bless your family.

1 comment:

  1. I consider myself not just a homemaker, but a home ECONOMIST, that is my job. I make every penny scream ;-)

    ReplyDelete