Friday, January 16, 2009

WHAT IS YOUR ADDRESS???????????

The biggest fear of mine through this past year has been boiled down to one question......
Where are we going to end up living?

This would at times consume me and scare me to death. The thought of having 3 children and having no home would overwhelm me with fear that I cannot explain. The thought of having to explain to everybody why we are leaving our home, the home we love would tear me up inside.

It was in times like these that I NEEDED to turn to scripture. The comfort that took over the fear was and is addicting. As a woman and a mother it forced me to realize the only home I should be that concerned about for myself, husband and children is our eternal home in heaven. The great news about that is there is already a place prepared for us. It doesn't matter if the economy is bad, if you lose your job or if your upside down with your finances. That is such a great gift and blessing for anyone to take comfort in. It also made me realize my job as a parent and how important it is to keep instilling this in our children.

One verse that comes to mind is ROMANS6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now here is some of what the study guide in my bible says.......

"Most often this verse has been used as a promise of regeneration.The phrase eternal life is used 42 times in the New Testament. Thus we learn from the Bible that eternal life is not simply a static entity. It is a dynamic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ Himself. Through living in faith and obedience, Christians can fully enjoy God's free gift of eternal life".

Whenever I get overwhelmed with fear about "where we are going to end up" I think of this as my temporary home anyway. I turn to scripture and I feel comforted.I pray and I am so thankful I have an eternal home in heaven waiting for me someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment