Saturday, January 17, 2009

YOU ARE NOT YOUR FICO SCORE

I happened to be flipping through the channels the other night and came across the Suze Orman show. Well she is a financial expert guiding people in the right direction and the best way to invest their money.

Now im sure she knows her stuff and is very skilled in the financial field, however she had commented on her show that "you are your fico score". Now that is a score that creditors look at when you purchase something..........car, house any purchase you want to finance.

I happen to disagree with her and ironically my man Dave Ramsey was talking to a caller on his radio show and said that is nonsense. You are More than your Fico score. His whole philosophy is NO DEBT, CASH PURCHASES ONLY. Like Dave says if you are living within your means and paying purchases with hard earned cash a fico score means nothing.

I can't help but think of all the listeners out there that heard Suze Orman and felt overwhelmed because maybe their credit was less than perfect. This is just another example of worldly views.

For more on this topic, check out Dave Ramsey's blog on my left sidebar or listen to his radio show.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    I want to "amen" this post. The Lord has been dealing with me and my husband about our debt. We are praying about taking almost all our assets and paying off our one debt, our van.

    It's great to hear people spreading the word of not letting your credit rule you.

    ReplyDelete