Monday, February 9, 2009

GRATEFUL

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Col 3:15


This sums up how I felt this afternoon. I feel that our church and school (part of our church) are filled with people that have Christ in their hearts.

You see when February rolls around every year it is registration for the following school year. So this past Sunday was registration, and I did not attend, we had alot going on and I just could not be there at the time. When you re- sign your child up for the next school year their is a registration fee. How the school normally works is that there is no tuition if your a member, however you are advised to tithe, that said they leave it between you and God. The hope is that the congregation as a whole supports the school so that no one is turned away from a christian education because of finances.

Well you can imagine my surprise when I ran into the principal this afternoon and he said to me "you are all registered for next year" and I said "Oh thanks for signing the kids up, I did not attend yesterday and we will pay shortly" and then he said" your already registered and paid, someone anonymously paid yesterday for your family".

I honestly did not know what to say, I was shocked. I have never talked to the principal about our recent hardships, but I began to explain to him a little of what has been going on. He listened and assured me that we are one big family that helps each other out and he was glad my kids were all set for next year.

I couldn't help but well up with tears in the hallway, it is hard for me to be on the receiving end of generosity like that. I am so thankful we are a part of this amazing church and school, and I realized we are in a hard spot right now financially and instead of pressing on to figure out who did this for us, I am just going to rejoice in the goodness of the people around me that have Christ in their hearts. I know that someday I will be able to repay the favor for someone else in need.

God is always one step ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment