Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THANKING OTHERS

I have this little easy to read book called God Is In The Small Stuff. It is a little over 200 pages and you could literally read through it fairly quickly. It categorizes each chapter with a scripture verse and goes on the talk about the verse for a few pages.

Today I read...
Your lives are a letter written in our hearts, and everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you. 2 Cor. 3:2

Lately I have been thinking alot about people in my life and who I have come to know and who I am just lucky to know. Whether family or friends, I feel surrounded by so many good, equal minded people. This not only benefits myself, but obviously my husband and children. Sometimes when you go through struggles or tragedy you really see who is there for you, in the bad, not only the good. Of course we always have our Lord and Savior to turn to, that is most important, but I am talking about earthly beings.

I feel so compelled lately to tell the people in my life how important they are. Imagine getting a thank you card, just for being you or a kind word of encouragement. Sometimes I well up with emotions and feel so blessed to know the people I know. There is nothing like debating scripture with a friend.

Through my reading today in the book I mentioned above, they encourage you to write a kind letter to a friend or a thank you note for something someone has done for you.
We never know how long we have here, and I think getting in the habit of opening our hearts is awesome.

Through my own personal struggles over the years I have learned to not be so private and let others in. I realize what a blessing it is to just have a friend pray for you. Amazing.
Sharing your feelings and fears with others really seems to help.

Im going to try and make this a habit. I want all people in my life to know how much I love them.

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminds me of a quote: "Never let a generous thought go unspoken"

    Kindness and gratitude makes for richer lives.

    ReplyDelete