Wednesday, February 4, 2009

THINGS WE HAVE LEARNED


For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scripture might have hope. Romans 15:4







Two of our three kids have been sick this week, so I have not had a whole lot of time for reading, with holding them and laying with them, however I had alot of quiet time with God in prayer and thoughts.

This time I had, got me thinking about what my husband and I have learned over the last year. We have spoken about this to each other several times in the past month or so. Let me first start out by saying I thought this financial disaster we have been going through was for my husband to learn a lesson or two in being wise with his money. Along the way the Lord has showed me something I needed to learn as well..........total trust and faith in HIM, no matter what.
I am so proud of my husband for learning from his mistakes and for taking responsibility in his purchases and how he spends his money. He has truly come along way. His mentality before was I want it now, so I will get it now. He is thinking much more about his purchases and living under his means, (this is something I have been trying to tell him the last few years) but this is something he needed to turn to God, to get through. This has opened my eyes in realizing sometimes people need to go through challenges for a reason and learn from them in God's timing (not mine).
Now for myself, I have to laugh as I thought there was only a lesson for my husband to be learned in this. I have always put to much trust in security (money saved, house, etc) This has forced me to realize as I have said on a previous post, there is only one home I need to worry about and that is our Eternal address. Now don't get me wrong there are "hard days"but there are more days of "trust, and faith and hope". There are more days now that begin with......Lord lead me in the right direction today, or Lord lead us to where it is YOU want us to be. This was and is hard for me at times, because I like to control our situations, I like to say we should do this or that. So I have learned that you need to fully submit to the Lord and Pray for guidance. Money saved, house, car, all these things or not, the Lord is in control, I am not, I just need to continue to follow him, not myself.
With that said, my husband and I have a new goal of cash only purchases and to really live under our means. I feel for the first time ever we are on a solid path together with the Lord leading. It should be interesting to see where we end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment