Wednesday, March 11, 2009

GOD'S GUIDANCE

So lately I have had lots of "what if's " on my mind. Since going through this foreclosure situation, I have learned to trust in the Lord with ALL my needs, knowing he will provide. I have found myself praying prayers such as "lead us Lord, where you want us to go". I have learned to pray differently, not asking for specifics anymore, just asking for guidance and direction.

I was not prepared for what happened at this point. My husband's business is barely surviving this economy, he is applying for jobs all over the place, just wanting a paycheck at the end of the week. He mentioned to me last week that he applied to a few jobs out of state. I was horrified at first, then had to realize how can we fight the hand of God, if he is leading us somewhere else?

Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love the town where I live, and where I worship and where my children go to school. I also love my friends and I am 20-40 minutes from all family. I would not want to move out of state. So instead of reverting into panic mode, I am PRAYING, and by this time I have learned a few things............ I am not praying in specifics, I am simply praying for God's direction, for his hand to be upon us as decisions need to be made.

I hope my husband's small business can survive this and if it cannot I hope he finds a decent job in the area. This puts a little damper on looking at places to live. I need to continue to be strong and support him, as I know this is hard for him to deal with, he is a natural provider.

We need all the prayers we can get at this point. I mean no home, no job no check....pretty scary.

Now more than ever I need to remain in the word and find comfort in the word. The Lord does not give us more then we can handle ........right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment