Sunday, March 22, 2009

GRUMBLING

I am into Deuteronomy in my bible reading. As I sit and read chapter after chapter I find myself thinking how could the Israelites complain so much. Then I start to realize the little complaints that come out of my mouth daily.



Sure it is easy to ask how they could complain so much, everything worked out and they made it to the Promised Land. Then I think about the 40 long years of wandering around of course they felt like complaining, I have less than 40 years here on this earth and I also complain.



Which brings me to the next point, I'm starting to be very conscience of things that come out of my mouth. Not just complaints but also the things I choose to talk about or say, and the way that I say them. When I look to older, wiser women of faith I am often amazed at their self control and wise choice of words and how they use those words. That is inspiring to me. I want to be that "woman" as I grow older and have younger eyes watching me. What a wonderful example that will be for my daughters, niece and any young women that enter my life.



This whole experience we have been going through over the year has helped me better appreciate "needs". I often just say a little thank you, that I have food, water, clothing and a roof over my head. Sure it is easy to complain of the other many things that are "wanted", but being able to just be thankful for your present needs is something I have learned.



I'm still working on the complaints:) Seriously, I am more careful to not unload a verbal garbage load of complaints, I am starting to catch myself and many times I have opened my mouth, and nothing comes out. I am catching myself before it is ever said.



I have just been amazed at the "little things" that I am learning and in total awe of the power these prayers have.

I will leave this post with the following scripture verse.....



Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world. Philippians 2:14-15

1 comment:

  1. That is such a hard thing to learn! But you are right. Have you noticed that when you choose not to complain and instead focas on the good and the blessing life is so much happier.

    ReplyDelete