Saturday, March 14, 2009

TEMPTATION

In my devotional this morning it talked about temptation. There are all kinds of temptations to deal with in life. Some are more serious than others but everyone struggles nonetheless. Jesus himself was tested when he started his ministry by the devil.

The devil wants to take every ones trust and hope in Jesus and "shake your faith a bit".

One of my temptations is to stop thinking negatively. Some days seem to get me down, and although I have learned to put a handle on it, I still fall short. It is easy to get wrapped up in the worldly views. "Do I have enough money set aside for .............college, emergency, retirement..etc...etc..... Am I teaching my kids as diligently as I should about the word of God.

Everyone can finish there own worry list. Everyone can add a new doubt to their own story. The devil wants to bring you down. So what can you do the next time a worry or doubt tempts you? You can turn to scripture.

I have been memorizing different versus to help me with my particular "mood or struggle".

This verse seems fitting for today..........

No temptation has seized you except that which is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. I Corinthians 10:13

Those words are comforting to me when I feel tempted to doubt myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment