Saturday, March 7, 2009

YEE HAH!!

A couple post's back, I wrote about our church helping us out with registration fee's for next year. This was an anonymous "good deed" that we appreciated greatly.

Last week a good friend of ours parents along with our pastor bought us tickets to a church function. Needless to say I was very excited to have a night out, my husband was a little apprehensive because it was a square dancing event (he does not dance). It was a great steak dinner and then an evening of square dancing to be learned, and yes my husband was called out to the dance floor. We so needed a night of fun, and thanks to my sister for watching all 3 kiddos we were able to go.

I also received yesterday (2) gasoline gift cards in my church mailbox. I cannot believe the amount of love and compassion we are a part of. To be on the receiving end of love and generosity in times of need is difficult to explain. We are humbled and honored to feel so cared for and loved in times of great uncertainty.

These hard times have proven once again the real important things in life, mostly people. The people you connect with, the people you worship with and learn about God' love with. What a blessing our church has been for us over the years and what demonstration of LOVE this church has shown us.

1 comment:

  1. HOw wonderful to be surrounded by loving giving people. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete