Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT- JOY

Today our fruit of the spirit is JOY.

The fruit of the spirit is the work of the spirit in our lives. When I read about all the fruits of the spirit I want to be like all of them all the time. I then remember it is something that happens to you because of your softened heart and your letting Jesus into it.

The holy spirit works in you and you portray these "fruits" naturally as Christ lives in your hearts. By Christ living in your hearts the character traits that are found in Christ can be found in us.

You can't pretend to be "joyful". In the midst of the daily grind with bills to be paid,frustrating experiences, problems at work/home, don't let your joy be taken from you.

Jesus entered this world with joy, the angels said"I bring you good news of great joy" Luke2:10
He also left this world giving joy, shortly before his death he said" I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete" John 15:11

So where do we turn to to find joy this lenten season and always? The only answer at all times any time is in JESUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment