Thursday, April 9, 2009

FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT-PATIENCE

This is one area I struggle with greatly. I tend to be very impatient when I have stress going on in my life. I need to get a handle on this since let's face it there will always be some sort of stress in ones life. I find that when I am trying to tackle too much at once I become very impatient when things do not "go right". No excuse, I know, this is not the example I want to display for my kids or others around me.

I think recognizing area's in your life that you need help with is the first step, much prayer after that. This is one of the reasons I love to be reminded of the fruits of the spirit. It is then I know the traits I want to have and live out in my life.

I think of how God is so patient with all of us, he has all the time in the world, there is never a rush, he is there ALWAYS.

I recognize that I get most impatient when I am trying to get something done and then something else pops up. It has been a valuable lesson for me to plan a bit more. I am not great at this, but it has it's perks. Just by getting some dinner prepped mid day helps the after school rush. Then I can spend time with my kids hearing all about their day, isn't that more important?

What area's of your life cause you impatience?

No comments:

Post a Comment