Wednesday, April 8, 2009

FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT- PEACE

How many of us struggle with being at peace in our lives? It is so easy to be at peace when you are sipping coffee in a recliner, looking at the water on a lake or listening to your favorite pastor's sermon on a Sunday morning. But what about having an at peace feeling in the midst of chaos?

During the last year with our financial struggles I have found that I am at most peace when I give my worries and fears over to the Lord. I do not know when I will have to move, or where. I do not know if my husband can continue his job as a business owner. There are alot of uncertainties in my life right now, but one thing that brings me absolute peace is trusting and having faith. It has been an invaluable life lesson that I thank God for daily.

Christ's peace is more powerful than our daily struggles.

If you want peace to be at the center of your heart listen to this verse...

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace". Col.3:15

Let Jesus in so that you may have peace at the center of your life this lenten season and always.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite bible verse in regards to peace is Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. AND THE PEACE OF GOD WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." I memorized that verse many years ago, and have found comfort in that promise many many times!

    ReplyDelete