Monday, April 6, 2009

FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT- LOVE

In my bible reading I have just finished Deuteronomy and am halfway through Joshua. Each time I read these Old Testament stories it is like the first time all over again. There is so much to learn and grasp and each time I read it I learn something new. I have left off with Joshua fighting the battle of Jericho. Exciting stuff.

In my daily devotional I am studying the friuts of the spirit.

But the friut of the spirit is Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. Galatians 5:22

It seems always so simple to live these out, yet a struggle in the everyday situations that life brings. I thought it would be a nice idea to go over each of the fruits of the spirit. I can't promise everyday updates with it being Holy Week and all, but maybe this can be an additional quiet time to ponder with God.

The first is Love.


Look up Love in the back of your bible, you will see multiple listings. The word and meaning are very important and Jesus mentions them alot.

There are all kinds of things we love.......I love apples, I love chocolate, I love my family...etc

But the kind of love Jesus demonstrates is "agape" love. This is love in the highest order. This is selfless love. This is love that is not centered on yourself but on others. This is the kind of love Jesus loves us with. When we sin he loves us with "agape" love. When we run away from God's word he loves us with "agape" love. Love is the essence of God.

This is real love. It is not that we loved God,but that he loved us.....1John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment