Thursday, May 14, 2009

BAKING AND FAITH??????

I started a cake decorating class, last night was my first night to bake a cake, frost it and make several tubs of frosting to practice borders and flowers for the next class.
Needless to say I am a better cook than baker, and had my share of mishaps in the kitchen. I really screwed up the main frosting because I did not mix everything well before I added the dry ingredients, so I try to fix it by adding this and that, only to realize that baking is very precise, the whole first bowl of frosting had to be pitched:( I beg hubby to run to Kroger as it is 10:00p.m. and I have so much more to do, and he makes a late night run for some confectioners sugar!

Through this whole ordeal I am thinking how similar our faith can be to baking a cake. You can't just pray a little here and there and show up to church a little here and there, and you can't just model joy, love , contentment here and there. You should be praying constantly and the holy spirit will fill you with all these good things all of the time. Luckily you can "fix it" by repenting your sins and asking for forgiveness. So I guess there are some similarities, Thank Goodness we can make mistakes and not be "thrown out" because our consistency is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment