Tuesday, May 19, 2009

CAR PAID FOR IN CASH!!!!!

So for the last 15 years or so, (I can't believe I've been driving that long...), I have always leased vehicles. I have had a new car every 2-3 years which had it's benefits, but at the end of the term, your left with nothing and on to the next lease. This has become a waste of money in my opinion and the fact that our credit is not so pretty right now, we decided to buy!!

The fact that hubby knows quite a bit about cars does help, but we are now the proud owners of a "new to us" vehicle. It is an awesome feeling to know it is ours, we do not owe anybody for it, I can only imagine that feeling when a home is paid in full!
(WE ARE GOING TO CALL THE DAVE RAMSEY SHOW ONE DAY AND SHOUT OUT THAT WE ARE DEBT FREE!!)

So I have to admit I was a bit nervous of a used car, but that has all changed with the peace of mind that it is OURS. My kids LOVE it! I just recently had a Dodge Ram, so there was not alot of room, this Suburban we just bought however has 3 rows, and lots of elbow room for the kids.

Pictures will be coming soon....I'm learning all there is to know on my camera and downloading to the computer:)

2 comments:

  1. Congadulations. It is a great feeling to use our money wisely. You are going to enjoy your Suburban, we loved our and drove it and drove it and drove it...you get the idea. happy trucken. TMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, smart choice! I always listen to Dave on Fridays, you will have to give us a heads up when you make your call, it would be fun to listen for you.

    ReplyDelete