Thursday, May 7, 2009

REMIND ME LORD

With Mother's Day quickly approaching I thought it would be appropriate to take some time to focus on Mom's!

I have a small pocket book A Mother's Touch by Elise Arndt, that I picked up years ago at our church function. It is filled with helpful tips about parenting and becoming a Godly mom.

Here is a poem by her that I often reflect upon.



Remind Me Lord
Remind me Lord, That the time I have with my children is so short and that each and every day with them is a precious gift.

Remind Me
In the midst of the mundane tasks that I am shaping a character for you.

Remind Me
In times of busyness to stop and make a memory,to listen not just with my ears, but with my eyes, and observe not only with my eyes but with my heart.

Remind Me
That there are no re-runs, no second chances with my children. If I have lost today, it is gone forever. Let me live in the present and not in the future.

Remind Me
That you are there in the midst of my failures. That when I am weak You are strong,And that your strength is made perfect in weakness.

1 comment:

  1. I have that book I read it near 17 years ago and learned so much about "being" a parent. Doing the Lords work through teaching and loving. I don't remember to poem thanks for sharing. I have seen Mrs. Arnet a few times at confrences. Excellent speaker.

    ReplyDelete