Saturday, June 6, 2009

FINDING YOUR SWEET SPOT

I picked up a bunch of great books from a yard sale the other day. I started reading a book by one of my favorite authors Max Lucado and it is called Cure For The Common Life.

In this book it talks about finding your sweet spot.............in other words finding the true God given traits and interests you have been given and using them in real life. The author goes on to challenge you to look back at your life and remember situations and experiences you had as a child. More likely than not you can trace back certain interests you had as a child and see where you are at today.
For instance maybe you were always working with your hands and now you are a master craftsman,or maybe you were fascinated with bad guys and today you are a real life police man or woman.


All of this reflecting led me back to my childhood and I remembered I always dreamed of running a household. I don't know if this is what every young girl dreams of because she wants to do things her way, but seriously, I always envisioned children and being in charge. Staying home and running the house is challenging and fulfilling to me. I love to learn new recipes and new frugal ideas. So I kinda smiled as I finished the chapter on finding out what your good at and what your true passions are. I thanked God for giving me the opportunity to lead the life I always dreamed of.

It is a real interesting book, one that I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment