Thursday, June 25, 2009

THURSDAY RAMBLINGS........

The one thing I really like about this blog is that I can always find it:) Not that I am a messy girl with loads of stuff lying around, but seriously, when I had a journal that I wrote in, it never worked for me. My kids or husband would find it and rip paper out of it for something or another. I used to always buy pretty little notebooks and anticipate writing in them and looking back on them........

I also have a private blog that is just mine to write my thoughts in, but I do it on-line instead of a notebook and it works for me.

The area's that I hope to look back on in the future and see growth in is obviously my faith and my financial situation( I can't wait to see what pans out with our home and where we will end up living). The other area's I hope to see growth in is my trust and obedience to the Lord. I am doing lots of unit studies on being a Godly wife to my husband and a Godly mother to my kids. These topics are of great interest to me in this stage of my life.

I really didn't grow up in a christian type home, I grew up Catholic and learned little even though we went to church on Sunday. It is a very overwhelming responsibility to structure our homelife with the morals and values I desire in my kids as they grow. I don't have traditions from my own backround to fall back on, but the great thing about salvation is that God meets you where you are at, whether new believer or a 2nd or 3rd generation believer. I know that I must continue to pray in this area that the Lord would give me the knowledge I desire in raising our children to be strong in their beliefs and trust in the Lord themselves.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to hear\read your desire to become more and more Christ like. I think it is wonderful that you have learned to trust God so deeply with the house situation. The Children see your dedication to the Lord and they will prosper from the faith you shine.
    ps I really like Sara Goves I just today noticed you had her futher down on your song list. tmp

    ReplyDelete