Thursday, July 9, 2009

100TH POST &WISE PSALM

Wow this is my 100th post, I am just going to write a quick one because it came to mind this morning in my bible time.

For anyone worried about losing their home or anyone that knows anyone in this situation here is a verse I just went back to for great comfort, I need to hear this lots lately:)

Psalm 49:11-12

Their inner thought is that their houses will last forever, Their dwelling places to all generations; They call their lands after their own names. Nevertheless man, though in honor, does not remain; he is like the beasts that perish.

My study guide says this....

These verses vividly describe both the power of death and the greater power of God.People who have riches, beauty and power in this world will lose them all at death. They will be stripped of everything except their character and soul.

These are wise words to cling onto and read over and over, Yes, I am losing things, but my character and soul are still mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment