Sunday, July 19, 2009

CHEAP SCHOOL SUPPLIES

I know it is hard to think about in the middle of summer, however a frugal lifestyle means thinking ahead. I have found that shortly after the 4th of July up until the end of July, has been the best time to stock up on school supplies. Our school gives us our list for the following year before school lets out, which makes it nice to know ahead of time what we will need for supplies.

Like grocery shopping I have my "bottom line price", I will not spend more than .15 on a pack of crayons or .50 on a pack of markers, Crayola that is! You have to keep your eyes open for some incredible deals, like folders for a penny! Start keeping your eye out at stores like, Kmart, CVS, WalMart, Target, Staples and Office Max.

This applies for home schoolers too, you know what supplies you will need and why not save money while your at it. Now go enjoy your summer, just start slowly putting some items away and you will be amazed at what you have come Sept, and amazed at the money you saved.

1 comment:

  1. My mom hit meijer for me, she was shopping and found spiral notebooks for a nickel. We purchased 2 cases. she also found 3 tab folders with pockets for a dime. Only need 4 of those those. Good time for some great sales.

    ReplyDelete