Friday, July 31, 2009

INTERNET SAFETY

I enjoy reading blogs and just recently stumbled upon one that was discussing the topic of internet safety. I happen to err on the side of caution and let my young daughter talk more about names and specifics because her blog is set to private and you need an invite and password..etc.

I try not to name to many specifics, close up pictures of my kids or their names or any details that I feel may be unsafe, if a possible stalker was reading my blog, highly unlikely but yes, possible.

I am typically naive to things of this nature, however my husband is a very cautious, very protective type of man, and he did not feel comfortable detailing to many area's of our personal life, for reasons of safety. So when I discussed having a more personal blog he just asked that I not post all kinds of our photos on the site. I understand how he feels and respect that.

This subject really got alot of comments as many people had lots to say.Some people bank on-line shop on-line use twitter and facebook and maintain a blog of their own. Everyone has a different reason for their computer time usage, but one thing is for sure we all use the internet to fill the needs of what is going on in our lives.

I will be honest and say that most blogs I read have pictures and details of family life, and I LOVE to read these and learn. So I am glad there are so many out there, and I know I am not a internet stalker, so it's all good:)

Anyhow, I realize I do not have a large reader base, however if you read this and have something to say about it, I would love to hear your thoughts. I enjoy expressing what I have learned financially and spiritually and sharing that makes me happy, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I am not a safe blogger. I post names and photos. I bet my home town is even on there somewhere. I hope no stalker comes after us. But really I am not worried. I don't think anyone is really reading it anyway. I guess this is one time I will just need to ask God for extra protection and grace. I totally respect those who keep it less open and use more wisdom in what they put on the web. tmp

    ReplyDelete