Wednesday, July 1, 2009

STRAWBERRIES!


After starting the week off pretty BLAH, I was determined to get out yesterday thunder storm clouds and all. After being home most of Monday and Tuesday morning I just needed to get out, so I took the kids and 2 of the neighbors to go strawberry picking. I enjoy this so much as well as the children. An added bonus is that my crazy active 2 year old just sits down and eats and eats and eats strawberries. It is very therapeutic for me to sit and pick homegrown berries out in the field along with the fact that I don't have to chase little man:)


It was a great afternoon and from what I hear strawberry picking season is almost over, glad we had the opportunity to enjoy this annual tradition and the rain held off:). This year I am going to try and make some homemade jam to fill our pantries this winter and have some special "extra" gifts lying around for the holidays to share with family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy, when you asked me about makeing jam I told you about freezer jam. I have no clue how to make it for the pantry. TMP
    Thanks for the wonderful visit today.

    ReplyDelete