Tuesday, July 28, 2009

QUALITIES FIT FOR A DISCIPLE

Wow, what is it about summer that has me posting 1 day a week? Time sure gets away from me in the summer, that is not a bad thing though. I love the busyness of summer along with the "break" from school and what not, it is a favorite time of mine.

I'm not sure that I posted much about a very special family that lived 2 doors down from us for the last six years, and their 2 girls are best friends with my two girls. They just recently moved out of state, they come back frequently because all their family lives right around the corner, but still it is very different. I was very worried about how this would effect my girls, I am pleasantly surprised that kids are so resilient and they just deal with things that we adults sometimes make complicated. They are having a great day with them today as they are back in town and it is nice to see them all together having a great time.

This topic of how resilient kids are to change makes me think of all the things I was so resilient about over the last year especially. I'm not sure what the future holds, I have a new found comfort that the Lord will provide and I am dealing with the anxiety of the unknown much better in my life because of it.

When I think of where we are going to live, will my husband get a job, will we stabilize an income????? All these questions and no answers and all this change that will be happening! I want to deal with it like these kids have. They have had incredible experiences together for the last 6 years of their lives, they will hold all those memories dear to them as I know I will and they just go on. Never forgetting, always remembering, living in the now and being so strong and innocent as well.

Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it. Mark 10:15

My study bible says this. ...

" children exhibit sincerity, eagerness, a trusting attitude and TOTAL dependence on their parents. Thus childlike is a fitting comparison for the qualities a disciple should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment