Tuesday, August 11, 2009

CHALLENGING TIMES= STRONGER FAITH

This past year has so much irony in it, I mean there has been alot of stuff that has been challenging for me. Mostly on the financial end, coming to grips with losing the home and losing the business and then again watching paychecks become more and more a rare thing. Years ago if a check was delayed by a few weeks I would freak out.:) My husband would always have to remind me that it is part of owning your own business and that everything would be okay.....(what a guy).:)

Most people that run into me and know what is going on in our life, (mostly non Christians) react like it is the end of our world. I have to agree years ago if I ran into a friend that just told me she lost her house, has no job or pay I would think it sounded like the end of the world. The thing I'm most proud of this year and (it is all God's doing) is that when another "crises" arises I stop and pray for direction and I know that some doors of our lives are closing, but I'm so certain and excited that other doors are just waiting around the corner to open.

Sometimes through challenges you really question who you are and what you stand for. This past 12-18 months I have had a new outlook and a new trust in the Lord. I feel like the wait of the world has been taken off my shoulder, because of my faith I no longer feel like our situation is hopeless. I do not know what is in store, there are a few things in the mix, but I am remaining optimistic and continuing to give thanks to the Lord in good times and in times of stress.

So when people/family members feel bad for us, I just comment to them that I have learned to put my trust and faith in the Lord and I explain that although it has been a rough year, I wouldn't change a thing. I know our God will not leave us, we are his children.

1 comment:

  1. It is a wonderful truth to grasp: God is in control and He loves us more than we can understand. I am happy for your continued peace "in the valley". I God won't let you go, He will continue the good work and make the perfect plan for your family. I love that you turn to Him in prayer and in His word. That is the best thing any one could do.
    TMP
    P.S. Missing them!!

    ReplyDelete