Tuesday, October 27, 2009

APPLE BUTTER..............MMM

OK so anyone that knows how the last few years of our lives have been going..........knows that I had a major halt in ALL spending. I had to get creative, and the best thing I discovered was couponing! I mean saving 50-70% on your normal grocery budget, made me feel somewhat in control of an out of control financial situation.

Now that a regular check is coming in and we are getting back on our feet, it is still important for me to continue to save money if need be, and groceries is one area I can remain saving the $'s.

Along with couponing I have been making alot of "new things" from scratch.I love the idea of having a stocked pantry at ALL times. This summer I made homemade jam from our strawberry picking. The other night I came across a crock pot recipe for homemade apple butter (my husband's favorite). It is so simple I have to share.

Bag of apples cut up
Jar of applesauce
cinnamon(to taste)
sugar (to taste)

That is it! My kitchen smelled wonderful . I put all ingredients in at 10:30 at night on low, woke up at 6:30 the next morning and the mixture was dark brown and just the right consistency. So I am hoping to can lots of this for the winter ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment