Tuesday, October 13, 2009

UH- OH

So just this past week one of my really good friend's husband left her. I just have such a hard time with this. I want to be a good friend - but I can't help wanting to "fix it". I just can't except stuff like this.
Ironically I am reading The Power Of A Praying Wife(picked up at a garage sale this past weekend along with The Power Of A Praying Husband). So I just can't relate, but decided I need to be a good listener and pray for all them, I am friends with the whole family and it just makes me sick to my stomach. Could be the fact that I have been with my husband since I was 15 yrs old, never broke up - got married and I can't even say I have ever experienced a friend who divorced.

So, I am praying for the Lord to help me be a good friend, as I am lost with this new dilemma.

2 comments:

  1. LOVED that book!!! Some of it seemed so wild to let the prayers and not the nagging get to the place of peace. Keep reading it is a keeper. Never knew they had one for men.
    How awful for your friend!! Such a sad horrible experience. I am sure you will be a loving friend; you are such a fantastic listener already. Don't let her drag you into any battle, yet be supportive of her needs to have someone compassionate.
    I hope they can find a love for each other again and reconcillation can happen.

    Let us cherish and care for the wonderful men we have!! May God help us be the wives our men need.
    tmp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. That really does rock your world, and it is very hard to comprehend. Pray and listen to God, he will guide your steps and let you know if there is any action to take besides listening! And praise God for your strong marriage! Char

    ReplyDelete