Friday, December 11, 2009

CHRISTMAS CAROLLING

A few of the yearly Christmas traditions I attend, just didn't work out for me this year, for whatever reason. Last Sunday me and my daughters attended our church's Christmas carolling. Now I have lived in a city or suburb of a city my whole life and have never walked door to door Christmas carolling. We did it country style...we visited a few elderly shut ins and a few local nursing homes, driving to a fro.

We had such a wonderful time and I'm going to add this event as a new favorite tradition to enjoy for the years to come. The last house we stopped at, the woman opened the door in her robe and was explaining that she had felt under the weather all day and had tears in her eyes, it felt great to be apart of a group that sang the message to her and brighten her day!

No comments:

Post a Comment