Monday, January 11, 2010

NEW BIBLE READING APPROACH

Yahoo- I made my goal to read through the entire Bible in 2009. I just recently saw an article on another blog about reading the Bible in 90 days, I honestly don't know how that could be possible and retain anything, but I have not checked out the details. If anyone has tried it or heard of it I would love to hear from ya.

I have been doing things a little different now, I read a Proverb each day (for the week, today the 11th, so I read Proverb 11) then I write down a specific scripture verse and meditate on it throughout the day. I seem to really take in more this way. When I read the Bible through the whole year, I did not follow a schedule, although I have to be honest I felt like there was a "deadline" sort of speak. That is why when I saw read the Bible in 90 days, my first reaction was "how could you fly through such a large book". Anyhow, I plan to start in Genesis again and "take my time this time around", I really want to ponder and meditate on what I am reading and retain it, without feeling rushed.

So I am excited to change things up a bit, new year, new way to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment